Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Big Guy

10 Things I'm Loving About Him Right Now.

1) His continual attention to my personal interests and activities even though he has lots going on in his own career - asking and genuinely listening to what I've been up to or thinking - how my day went - how I'm feeling in my 60 days of Bikram Yoga - how my energy levels are ... its incredible how much better I always feel just knowing that he is always interested in how I am.

2) His laugh - the one thats so perfect and true - the one that brings tears to his eyes from so much uninterrupted joy - the one with an unmistakeable sound that is all his own ... I've been hearing it a lot lately and just listening to him laugh gets me going and makes me feel insanely happy.

3) His growing character - the way he continually allows himself to be open to new experiences in order to grow into this beautiful, fun-loving, relaxed, open-minded individual - the way he uses his experiences to form a strong persona with such integrity ... I discover more to love about him each day.

4) His love for Lucy and Gus - the way he'll lay on the floor and wrestle with them until they're tired - the way he makes sure they're comfortable at night (even though they're just dogs) - the love in his eyes as he watches them playing outside enjoying themselves ... its such a pure selfless love he has for them and truly heartwarming to witness giving me a small glimpse of what kind of father he will be.

5)  His attitude about life which he translates to ball, relationships, and change - staying positive through each situation he is presented with - his ability to figure out how he can make his life good no matter what is thrown his way and his faith in the idea that when you can relax and keep moving forward, good things will come to you ... I am never more impressed than when I see how he handles himself during rough spots in our life.


6) His integrity - the way he carries himself with confidence but not cockiness - the way he puts everything he has into anything he does, stays true to his own abilities and gives 100% genuine effort all the time - the way he remains honest and wholesome in a lifestyle that turns many people greedy and deceitful ... I feel so blessed to have a man that I can learn so much from and lean on whenever I need.


7) His courage to try new things and be himself in any situation - the way he said for months that he would come with me to yoga and finally has begun his own journey into yoga (and is actually really enjoying it) - the way he fearlessly and confidently steps up to any challenge and truly trusts his body, mind, and talent to help him follow through ... I couldn't be happier to have a husband who not only recognizes the importance of continual development, learning, and growing as a human being, but creates and takes opportunities to make these things happen. 


8) His inner calm through absolutely everything - the way he accepts changes in his world and looks at them not as hardships but as different opportunities - the way he does not let anything steal his inner peace, always so collected and focused in his personal life and his career - the way he channels any anger he may be feeling to this beautiful proactive energy to help him in his circumstance whatever it may be ... I am envious and completely inspired by this characteristic in him.


9) His appreciation for the little things - the way he comes up right behind me when I'm cooking dinner to kiss my cheek and tell me thank you - the smile that spreads across his face when I pick him up from the field every now and then - the glaze over his eyes as he watches the dogs playing, laughing to himself, just happy that they're having fun - the sound he makes when he bites into a really good steak, so appreciating just the delicious melting in his mouth ... His gratitude reminds me of all the small blessings we have to be grateful for every day.


10) His tall, athletic build - the way I fit perfectly into his arms and can nuzzle my head right into his chest and neck - the feeling I get just sitting next to him on the couch: safe, warm, loved - the way he liberally hugs me throughout the day, really squeezing tight to make sure I know he means every one - the way he lets me sprawl out in bed at night even though I'm half his size and taking up way more of the bed than he ... I sometimes wonder what it would be like if he weren't 6'3", 215 lbs, and I instantly recognize my immense appreciation for his size -- he's my big guy and I absolutely love that.





No comments:

Post a Comment