Friday, February 12, 2010

Enough About Me-

Let's Talk About Mo!









Watching my husband work HARD every single day to make his dreams reality is incredibly inspiring.  I am continually impressed with the man he has grown to be- on and off the mound.  His drive is special, it is genuine, and it is for the right reasons.  Most days seem like groundhog day, but when I take a step back and look at our life from outside of myself, I see just how far we've come...


I've posted a few links below to articles on Matt that have surfaced over the past month as Spring Training gets under weigh and the season inches closer... 


As a sort of disclaimer, let me just add that it is out of the ordinary for me to do any "showing-off" of Matt- I have always felt strongly that his actions and work on the field speak far louder than any "bragging" he or I could ever do and we both have a firm belief in humility- humbling ourselves knowing that the good we do, ultimately, is part of a much bigger plan and for a greater good.  We trust in that.  Our faith lies in the belief that playing from the heart and having a true love for the game are the components to being successful- at any level.  After all, any good player knows that the game is mostly mental- if you can stay focused and not get caught up in the hype, the wondering "when?" and the asking "why?", you will go further and with much less struggle and frustration.  As difficult as it can be at times, we trust that we are always right where we need to be- there for some reason.  Matt has been so strong in that aspect and has helped teach me so much about patience and staying calm just through his leading by example.  He is an amazing man and a hell of a player.  That being said, I am very proud of him and wanted to share a few things (click on the titles to be connected to the link):


USA Today's 100 Names You Need to Know... #32



Competition to Highlight Reds' Spring



Looking at the Fifth Spot



Top 10 Prospects for 2010: Cincinnati Reds & Pittsburgh Pirates

Lindy's 2010 Baseball Preview has Matt Maloney pictured as Breakthough player :



Athlon Sports 2010 Preview has Maloney projected as 5th starter:



No comments:

Post a Comment