Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Can't Stop Partying"

Today is the first day we've had without company since last Wednesday!  It was quite a whirlwind of a birthday week/weekend we celebrated no doubt!  But I must admit, it feels excellent to get back into a (sober) routine...
We did a lot of partying (obviously) and a lot of sight-seeing activities as well.  It felt so good to have my best girlfriends here to catch up and hang out and have girl time!@#!@#%!#@$!! Yeeeah! I am surrounded by males 24/7, so this past week was much needed.  A few photos to fill you in... (many more via my facebook page if you're interested)






So, needless to say, the TRI HOLI-BIRTHDAY FESTIVUS was hugely successful and buckets of fun.  But ooooooh, the detoxification and recovery period- what a bitch.  I am currently trying to swing myself back into equilibrium- slow and steady, isn't that what they say? 
You must know that the period after a long party-binge is always the worst, whether it be a day, a couple days or a couple weeks (depending on how long you partied), it can be painfully spirit-breaking, a bit depressing and physically taxing all at the same time.  Refer to my July '09 post on beating a sugar-hangover to see how I cope with getting back to my normal (well, if that even exists...) self.  The tricks to beating post-partying depression are right in the same arena as getting over a sugar-hangover... so y'all know what I'll be working on the rest of this week and quite possibly into next week.


On an absolutely separate and unrelated note, I ran across a favorite quote today during a mobile twitter check (follow me!-- kaleeJmaloney).  It is one that my mother deeply and firmly instilled into her children during our years of adolescence and I can't express how much I appreciate her for that and how much I still strive to remember and recognize this every single day.  The quote is from Deepak Chopra (@DeepakChopra for you twitterers) and it is this:


"No one is wrong.  In the eyes of love, all people are doing the best they can from their own levels of consciousness."

I truly, truly believe in this.  I was just recently having a discussion with Matt about a few different people in our lives and the frustrations we come across because of that fact that friends, acquaintances, even family are sometimes so different than our own ideas of what is normal or correct.  I am always preaching away at Matt to remember not to be too harsh in his judgments and opinions of others because of exactly this-- each individual was brought up in a different environment, with a different set of values, with a different set of parents or guardians... this makes a HUGE difference in the way a person perceives the world and reacts to every situation.  We are products of our environment- period.  And you have to believe that all people are doing the best that they can, with what they have, and what they know.  We are all on a different part of our own journey in life.  It is easy to forget this though, and get angered or annoyed or frustrated with people that don't do the things we do, or believe the things we believe, or agree with us on certain issues.  But I believe it is so imperative to remind ourselves that this other individual that we may be feeling angst or frustration, even hate towards is coming from a completely different path and perhaps they are not as far along their journey as we might be.  They may have experiences yet to have in which lessons will be learned that we already know... what makes perfect sense to us might actually be unknown or undiscovered to another.  
I am a firm believer that all people, deep down at the core, are of good and with good intentions.  So, I try to remind myself of this in times when I feel I can't understand the actions or words of another person. I remind myself that, although this person may not agree with me or understand me (or me understand them), they are doing the best they know how to do.  I genuinely believe this and it is an important part of who I am.  It is also such an important idea in my marriage and understanding the differences between Matt and I and coping with these differences.  And it is most certainly something the entire world could benefit from recognizing and practicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment