Monday, January 11, 2010

Time Waits for No Man

Although the hours of my day fly by so fast, sometimes without me even noticing, it still feels like an eternity since I've sat down to blog.  So much has happened in just one week, lets see if I can accurately recap the week while keeping your interest...





I flew back to sunny Austin on Tuesday.  My visit home was absolutely what I needed to start 20-10 off right.  I really enjoyed spending time with my lovely family and getting to catch up with Kim and Joe (Matt's parents) a few times too.  The trip was also helpful in reminding me of how much I love and appreciate the company of my #1-- Matt.  I really started to miss him after the first couple days and I was like a child on Christmas morning when he picked me up from the airport Tuesday night.  It was a grand moment in time when I got to give him a big hug and a kiss and tell him how much I missed sprawling out in bed next to him... 


The residents of 2715 Stacy Lane (if you don't know the gang yet-- Mo, D-Ray, and myself) decided to finally go see Avatar last week... we'd all been wanting to go see it, just hadn't made the time to get all geeked about actually going.  We didn't bother trying to go to a regular theater now, no, no, we bought our tickets early to see it at the IMAX theater downtown Austin in 3D.  I cannot even begin to describe how AMAZING it was.  The screen was 3x the size of a normal theater and we were 2 rows from the front, dead center, in a completely sold-out show.  I was, literally, nudging Matt every 5 minutes loudly whispering comments such as, "CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!!" and "GEEZ! DID YOU SEE THAT?" and "THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE!"  
The color and effects and detail in the film were just simply unbelievable.  It was like all of your senses were diving into a pool of rainbow colored hot and cold water.  The story was terrific too- very deep, very interesting, well-depicted, very true (unfortunately) and controversial no doubt.  I loved it.  I absolutely loved it. 


D-Ray left for San Francisco Friday morning for the weekend.  So, Mo and I were left to entertain just our little family of 4.  It was a pretty quiet Friday night for us... yes, we're growing lamer by the minute.  Saturday we had planned to take a little trip to a friend's house on the river in Wimberley.  So, we headed up there, Lucy and Gus in tow, for a fun night with drinks and food and new friends.  We had a great time- played a lot of games including Taboo, Home-made Charades, and Beer Pong.  As partners, Mo and I dominated (for the most part) in Taboo.  It was definitely a fun Saturday.


Onto Sunday, we met up with Matt's Aunt Melissa and Uncle Joey with little cousins Molly and Boston to have dinner at the Oasis on Lake Travis in Austin.  It was a phenomenal place! I wish I would have taken more pictures but... we had a great time catching up with family and checking out this incredibly large place (which has the capacity to seat 600 guests!!).  The below photograph was taken by Joey with the gorgeous sunset in the background... he tampered with the photo a bit before forwarding it to me... LOL, I'll post the real one here soon.








We've been experimenting with the Toy Helicopter too... if you follow me on facebook at all, you probably know what I'm talking about.  Matt was very excited to get this special toy at Hobby Town... and the first day with it was filled with colossal victories... and colossal failures.  What fun we had trying to get the thing to stay up in the air and land perfectly on the homemade landing pad we created (aka the dining room table).  It really is the small joys, eh?


So, here I am then.  Monday again.  Trying to get back into my routine of early bedtimes and early rising (10ish and 6ish- respectively).  Because that is where I find my best self.  That is where I feel the most content and that is where I am able to start my day completely fresh and full of life.  Its amazing, when you find that rhythm that fits YOUR body, what can then unfold and the newfound happiness you can take time to enjoy.  Because I will admit, it does scare me a tad bit how fast the years are going now.  And I don't want to miss a moment of the experience. 


This week will be a good one...  Matt turns 26 on Saturday... and I have four other friends flying in from oHIo to celebrate.  I'm throwing a Tri Holi-Birthday Festival (Tri because Mo and 2 other close friends have birthdays this month... Holi for Holidays because I don't believe Christmas ends after December 25th, I celebrate it all January as well and Festival, of course, because what better way to celebrate my favorite loved ones than with a 3-day (or 4 or 5) event- which in my book, qualifies it as a "festival").  The festival will kind of kick off on Wednesday when some of the guests arrive from Ohio and it will continue until Sunday and even beyond that I'm sure... We are VERY excited to see our friends and can't wait to show them just how FABULOUS Austin is!

No comments:

Post a Comment