Friday, January 29, 2010

Expect Nothing. Look Forward to Everything.

In the next 2 months, Matt and I will be moving to Goodyear, AZ for the Reds Spring Training.  I know that I will deeply miss my newfound oasis here in Austin, TX but I have so many things to look forward to...


Looking forward to:


Warmer temperatures which means,


More brilliant sunshine and

Some sweet, sweet color on my skin again which means I'll be




Busting out the shorts and tanks and swimsuits!




Spending time with my grandparents who'll be less than an hour from us and




Hanging with my lovely cousin, Samantha, and her fiance, Luke, who live in Phoenix!





Seeing familiar baseball wives and girlfriends whom I love dearly and have missed this off-season and





Being around girls again! ...its pretty much been 24/7 guy-time for the past 3 months... uuugh.


Heading up a Baseball Wives Book Club for spring training- yay!- our first book: The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve aaaannd


Getting a Baseball Wives Body Weight (BWBW) Bootcamp started so that I can get back to doing what I love- teaching, training, positively affecting and interacting with people, and helping them change their bodies and minds.




Meeting new people, in and out of the baseball world.


Seeing our dear friends Cynara and Darnell McDonald (former Reds teammates who live in Phoenix) and their beautiful daughter Jiana AND soon-to-be-born baby girl!




Being a mere 15 minutes away from one of my best friends, Samantha Rhew, who'll be in Peoria with her man, David Pauly, for the Seattle Mariners Spring Training... this means


Spending lots of time with her and her 8 month old daughter, Emme, whom I absolutely adore!






Exploring another new city and everything it has to offer.


Learning to appreciate a new and different landscape, new plants, and new scenery.


Visits from both our families (Maloney's & Basting's) during March!




New restaurants to try and


A new fitness center to work out in AND


A new Bikram Yoga Studio to practice in!


Outdoor workouts.


Touristy to-dos like


Visiting the Grand Canyon,


Driving up to Sedona,


Las Vegas perhaps... to see one of the Cirque De Soleils!


Checking out Tempe- they tell me I'll love it!


Another visit from my best girlfriends- Kelly, Kate, Amanda, and Dana- at the end of March!




Living in another new home and 


Being oh-so-close to where Jared and Audrey (a Reds teammate and his girlfriend whom we are very close with) are living, which means




Walking Lucy, Gus, and Ruby (Jared and Audrey's new Boxer pup) with Audrey each day!


Catching up with teammates we haven't seen in a while.


The beginning of BASEBALL SEASON and 




The crack of the bat and


That lovely sound of the ball smacking the catcher's glove and


Watching Mo DO WORK! Woo hoo!




So, here's to the beginning of another adventurous season, with good friends to share it with, great families to support us, a clear head and a positive mindset to work with, a renewed sense of love for what we do, a healthy mind and body, a commitment to make a difference in the world, an intense desire to give ourselves completely to everything we do, and a deep faith that the Universe is unfolding as it should.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment